Call for Abstracts
126th Annual AMSUS Meeting
Force Health Protection: From Battlefront to Homefront
28 November – 1 December 2017
Gaylord, National Harbor, Maryland
Washington, DC Metropolitan Region
ATTN: Notification of acceptance/decline for Lecture submissions has initiated and is ongoing –
some decisions are still in process. Email notifications will be generated well into August
Lecture Submissions – CLOSED, 2 JUNE
Posters Submissions – OPEN 27 March 2017
– CLOSES 1 September 2017 (no CE/CME for posters in 2017)
Poster Sessions will be held 28 November – Preview 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
29 November – Formal Presentation 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Limit = 100 Posters accepted
Please read all information carefully prior to submission.
**See New Presenter Registration Fee Options Below!!
The Abstract Submission Guidance provides step by step instruction and a list of necessary items for the submission process
Scroll down to submit
The theme of the 126th AMSUS Annual Continuing Education Meeting is “From Battlefront to Homefront” in recognition of the wide range of skills and specialties which must work synchronously to care for those who go in harm’s way, as well as for their families.
CJCS Henry Shelton once said, “Battlefield medicine neither starts nor stops at the edge of the battlefield.”
Medical response at the point of injury differs greatly from the skills for timely transport; definitive treatment; and rehabilitation services. All must be equally applied to provide the spectrum of care required to return the sick and injured to their “new normal.”
AMSUS 2017 will have a keen focus on readiness, as speakers discuss forward response, as well as the spectrum of multidisciplinary, joint medical care and rehabilitation leading to the healing of the whole family – our new normal.
This, the 126th Annual AMSUS Meeting, will provide a platform of special interest for DoD, VA, USPHS, International Military Medical officers, and all healthcare professionals – public or private sector – to develop strong professional relationship networks by sharing knowledge of cutting edge medical research, innovative medical advances, and superior practices in patient care.
- Combat support
- Humanitarian Missions
- Disaster response
- Global Health Operations
- Patient movement
- Definitive treatment
- Return to a new normal for both patient and family
Each focus area will be further defined within concurrent CE tracks:
- Traumatic injuries
- Psychological Status/PTSD/TBI
- Disease and Population Health
- Preparedness & Operational Issues
Educational Learning Objectives:
- Share knowledge and implement current and planned best practices, as well as alternative care methods for local, regional, and international medical conditions
- Discuss and implement evidence-based research, data, and practices to improve the health of populations
- Explore and interpret inter-professional perspectives from all medical disciplines for the highest quality medical response and care through multidisciplinary, joint operations.
Guidelines for Submitting Abstracts:
(Panel Sessions should be submitted as one, 60 minute presentation, with all presenters included on the original submission)
All abstracts must be submitted online. All submitted abstracts are required to meet ACCME content requirements to be accepted. Presentations should be balanced and free of commercial bias. Commercial content, product endorsements, or service related advertisements are not permitted.
- Abstracts must be carefully proofread. Authors are responsible for correct grammar and spelling. Do not use all capital letters for titles or names
- Abstract content should not exceed 350 words
- Title should be no more than 15 words
- Include a minimum of three (3) educational learning objectives
- All contributing authors/presenters must complete and submit the following in the online submission portal:
-CV, Professional Biography, or Professional Resume
-Signed disclosure form (available as part of the online profile process for presenters)
-CME/CE Faculty Agreement (available as part of the online profile process)
ALL lecture presenters must provide to the audience the following information via slide deck, or verbally prior to the presentation; the provided slide template can be utilized the background and layout can be manipulated to match individual presentations or agency layout. Slide template
- Learning Objectives
- CE/CME certification information
Slide presentations for lectures MUST be submitted up to, and no later than 11 September 2017
Non-compliant presentations may be removed from the presentation schedule
Failure to Present
Submission of an abstract is considered a commitment to present if accepted. Failure to present may jeopardize future submissions by the same author or institution.
Abstracts will be posted online as submitted for public viewing. No editing will be managed by the AMSUS staff.
No edits to the title, content, or learning objectives will be permitted after content is submitted for accreditation review, 15 September 2017.
There is no fee to submit an abstract.
All accepted presenters, Lecture and Poster, will have two registration fee options:
- $0 to register and present on the day of your session in your presentation room – NO ACCESS to other areas of the meeting, and NO ACCESS to morning General Plenary Sessions.
- $250 Discounted registration fee (half OFF of the member rate) for full meeting access.
2017 Dates to remember:
27 March Abstract Submissions OPEN – Lectures and Posters Download Guide
31 May Lecture Abstract submissions CLOSE
August Notification of acceptance/decline has initiated and is ongoing – some decisions are still in process
1 September Poster submissions CLOSE – Notification of acceptance/decline will be emailed to all submitter’s
11 September LECTURES: Slide Presentations must be submitted up to, and NO LATER THAN 11 September 2017! All slide decks must include Title, Presenter Names, Learning Objectives, Disclosure Statement, and How to obtain CE/CME. See Slide template POSTERS: An image of the poster will be made available for view online if supplied to AMSUS in PDF or Slide format
28 November – 1 December AMSUS 2017 Meeting
Each accepted Poster will be provided a 44.75″h x 91″w standing cork board with push pins.
Poster presenters may submit an image of the poster which will be viewable on the AMSUS web page
Deadline for lecture submission was Wednesday 31 May, 2017 11:59 pm Eastern Time
Deadline for poster submission is Friday 1 September, 2017 11:59 pm Eastern Time